Director of Structural Engineering
Boulder, CO | Engineering | Full-Time
Salary: $105,000/yr - $124,000/yr
General Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for our Boulder or Denver, CO offices that are seeking to build a rewarding career and committed to the success of the team. The candidates must have excellent communication skills and strong technical and managerial skills in the design of structural steel structures and their connections. The position requires solid engineering experience and coordination of the company’s structural engineers and their project priorities. The candidate will be engaged as a member of a multi-disciplined product development and engineering team comprised of mechanical, electrical and manufacturing engineers.
Essential Job Functions
- Minimum 5 years managing engineering and CAD production.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills to coordinate the timely delivery of projects on schedule.
- Experienced in preparing cost proposals and managing project budgets.
- Understanding of construction methods and procedures.
- Ability to drive quality processes with engineering staff and CAD teams that result in clear design documents.
- Client account management support, responsible for building strong customer relationships.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills required.
- Able to prepare and present technical proposals and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Licensed professional engineer (P.E.) having 10-15 years minimum experience working as a structural engineer.
- Minimum 5 years as a professional engineer.
- Experience in the design of telecommunication, broadcast towers or concealment poles and light pole structures and their foundations is required.
- Proficiency in the application of TIA, AASHTO, AISC, AWS and the ACI codes is required.
- Experienced with finite element modelling (FEA), ANSYS, RISA and/or other engineering analysis programs.
- Proficiency in the use of solid modelling CAD tools a plus.
- Field experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- BSCE and MSCE degree in Structural Engineering.
- Active Professional Engineer, P.E. licenses required.