Mechanical Assembly Technician
Aurora, CO | Manufacturing | Full-Time
General Position Summary
We are seeking a motivated individual for our Aurora facility who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working with multiple projects. The Mechanical Assembly Technician assembles a range of components into assemblies and finished goods ensuring required standards of quality are met. Working to strict safety and quality requirements, the Mechanical Assembly Technician helps to achieve daily production requirements in terms of quality and quantity to meet customer expectations and requirements, optimizing efficiency and maintaining operational excellence. They may perform many operations within the process with some supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports
- Review work activities with supervisors.
- Perform hands on assembly parts and subassemblies to produce smart poles, hybrid poles and shrouds for 4G/5G deployments
- Monitor production and assembly process, performing basic testing and quality checks
- Produce and finish products such as molding, bonding, and applying protective coatings
- Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
- Work in a safe manner, complying with all Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- All other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mechanical Assembly, preferably in aerospace, automotive, or industrial machine products
- Ability to perform repetitive work in a fast-paced work environment and capable of the defined physical activities (lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.)
- Basic Understanding of ISO 9001 or similar
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) process
- Effective Communications
- Self-Motivated, Able to Prioritize, Good Organizational Skills, Seeks Feedback, Aware of Self, Able to Follow Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills / MS Office
- Strong Math Skills, Hands on Assembly Skills
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing assembly
- High School Diploma/GED
- Relevant licences to operate equipment as required