Boulder, CO | Engineering | Full-Time Exempt
General Position Summary
Comptek Technologies is seeking a Project Manager to support the scheduling of engineering services and CAD support associated with early project development and proposals, engineering phases required to complete all engineering and fabrication drawings on its projects. The candidate will also be required to understand and provide the total project cycle time for engineering and fabrication based on the delivery date on the purchase orders. The Project Manager interacts daily with the Director of Engineering and coordinates, tracks and ensures completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
Essential Job Functions
The following represents a representative sample of essential functions and responsibilities for the position. This list is not exhaustive, and additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the position and business.
- Provides support to the Director of Engineering in managing all projects and requests of the engineering departments.
- Coordinates, tracks and ensures completion of engineering projects on time within budget and within scope.
- Assists with project planning, establishes schedules and coordinates job-setup, subcontractor coordination, material fabrication and delivery coordination.
- Coordinates, tracks and manages engineering review and input to government and company Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) to ensure timely, accurate and quality input.
- Assists Director of Engineering with invoice approvals and project budgets.
- Maintains project schedules for all engineering work.
- Tracks and reports project schedules.
- Manages and maintains tracking system to include preparing reports for senior management regarding status of projects.
- Assists the Estimator with estimating projects.
- Represents project and/or department during client and project management meetings.
- Generates and coordinates Blue Books for contractors.
- Assists in collection of project closeout documentation, review and approval of post modification inspections.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles (concepts, practices and procedures) of construction management and engineering required
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents (plans and specs) required
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating and scheduling required
- Strong skills/knowledge of personal computer-based scheduling, spreadsheet and word processing applications (Windows Office Suite) required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including internal communication skills working with managers and team members, required
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills required to manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate work of engineers
- Ability to plan, track budgets, manage projects, and improve processes required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- 4-6 years of proven project management experience in the field or in a related area required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification a plus