Senior Thermal Mechanical Engineer
Aurora, CO | Engineering | Full-Time
$105,000/yr - $120,000/yr
General Position Summary
We are seeking a motivated individual for our Aurora, Colorado metro offices who can design thermal-mechanical components and systems. The Senior Thermal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for setting up thermal models of products in SolidWorks and use CFD to perform steady-state heat transfer studies. This includes applying meshes specific to the product and measuring solar radiation, fluid temperature, velocity, fan curves, etc.
Essential Job Functions
The following represents a representative sample of essential functions and responsibilities for the position. This list is not exhaustive, and additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the position and business
- Interpret CFD analysis results and iteratively update designs to optimize airflow patterns and to ensure design complies with required standards.
- Set up and perform thermal lab tests on products and interpret/compare lab results to CFD simulation results. Lab tests include the use of a thermal test chamber, multimeter, thermocouples, anemometers, heat strips, fans, etc.
- Write formal thermal analysis reports to describe thermal test lab and CFD simulation methods and design theory, and to summarize and explain the analysis results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in designing complex SolidWorks parts and assembly models
- Proficient in setting up, performing, and interpreting the results of SolidWorks CFD simulations
- Preferred working knowledge of GR-487 specifications
- Mechanical Design
- Thermal Lab Experience
- Experience with technical writing and thermal reports
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic, collaborative team
- Excellent Communication
- Preferred knowledge of telecommunications radios and equipment
Education and Experience
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar degree
- MS in Mechanical engineering or related technical files is a plus
- 10+ years of experiences in mechanical or aerospace engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical or aerospace engineering or similar